| The sneezing, the sniffling, the coughing, the watery eyes… allergic rhinitis (hay fever) can make life miserable. And with side effects ranging from drowsiness to high blood pressure and diabetes, allergy medication is often a solution worse than the condition itself. We are concerned about the upswing in marketing and use of allergy medications and encourage patients to seek natural solutions, including chiropractic.
Research indicates that chiropractic strengthens immunity by influencing the nerve system. Researchers speculate that, because the spinal column houses the spinal cord (the main component of the nerve system), dysfunction of the spinal column may influence the nerve system. This, is turn, impairs immune function (Circulation 1992;86:203).
Since allergies are tied to a dysfunction in the immune system, the chiropractic office is a great place to start in the battle against allergies.
Other approaches for allergy sufferers to try in conjunction with chiropractic include:
- Reducing exposure to allergens
- Stress reduction
- Dietary supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids
Dr. Barbara Smith
Chiropractor and Health Education
- Product of the Month: Magnesium Complex
- Ask your doctor about how the use of low force techniques could help you and your loved ones with mood swings.
- Check in on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter for our most up to date information.
- For future upcoming events, visit our website.
- If you are happy with the service you receive in our office, please a review on Google. Thank you for your help in making our office stand out.
MON: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
TUE: 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm
WED: 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
THUR: 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm
FRI: 7:30 am to 12:30 pm