|The Health Benefits of Artichokes
With their spiky leaves, stalky stem and large size, artichokes can be intimidating. Many people assume preparing artichokes is complicated and time-consuming. But don’t let their appearance scare you off — they’re actually simple to prepare, delicious and packed with health benefits, from improving liver function to lowering cholesterol. Give artichokes a try, and give your diet a flavour and health boost!
Artichokes are absolutely packed with nutrients. They contain high levels of:
- Folic acid
- Vitamin C
They are also good sources of:
All this with zero fat and very few calories!
Although mayonnaise and butter based dips are commonly used with artichoke leaves, try these delicious alternatives:
- Plain yogurt with added lemon and garlic
- Honey-mustard sauce
- Olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette
Dr. Barbara Smith
Chiropractor and Health Educator
- Product of the Month: Ask us how Ideal Protein can change your life.
- Digestive Enzymes: break down our food into nutrients so that our bodies can absorb them.
- Posture Perfect Stretch Class: Please call for availability.
- Ask your doctor about how the use of low force techniques could help you and your loved ones with speech problems.
- See us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter for our most up to date information.
- Dr. Barb has a new blog
For future upcoming events, visit our website.
- If this health tip was helpful to you, help us help others by passing it on!
TUE: 1:00 pm to 6:30 pm
WED: 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
THUR: 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
FRI: 7:30 am to 12:00 pm