|Protect Yourself from Cell Phone Radiation
Chances are you are one of the over 4 billion people who use a cell phone. You may have heard a lot of conflicting information about the effect of cell phone radiation on your health — one report claims that the radiation is perfectly harmless, while another warns that cell phone use is a one-way ticket to brain cancer.
Dr. Smith recognizes that cell phones are an immensely useful part of modern life. However, they may affect our bodies in ways we do not yet fully understand. Here are some suggestions to protect yourself:
- Reduce you cell phone use. Use landlines whenever feasible, and power off your cell phone whenever possible.
- Keep your cell phone away from your body. Use a headset or the speakerphone option to avoid holding the phone against your head. Text messaging also keeps the phone safely away from your brain and produces less radiation than making a call.
- If your phone indicates a weak signal, don’t use it. It will emit higher levers of electromagnetic rays as it strains to connect with a distant tower.
- Choose a lower-radiation cell phone model.
- Consider some of the shielding devices available to apply to your cell phone to block radiation.
- Do not sleep with your phone in your bed, or very close to your bed.
- Do not allow children to use cell phones. Their thinner skulls and immature immune systems make then particularly vulnerable to the potential health risks of electromagnetic radiation.
Dr. Barbara Smith
Chiropractor and Health Educator
- Product of the Month: Ask us how Ideal Protein can change your life.
- Digestive Enzymes: break down our food into nutrients so that our bodies can absorb them.
- Posture Perfect Stretch Class: Please call for availability.
- Ask your doctor about how the use of low force techniques could help you and your loved ones with mood swings.
- See us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter for our most up to date information.
- Dr. Barb has a new blog
For future upcoming events, visit our website.
- If this health tip was helpful to you, help us help others by passing it on!
MON: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
TUE: 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm
WED: 7:30 am to 1:00 pm
THUR: 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm
FRI: 7:30 am to 1:00 pm